Thursday 8 October 2009

National Poetry Day - No Vacancies

If you were not aware..I would like to inform you that it is NATIONAL POETRY DAY today!
It is the time when people take time out to...say poems I guess...
So i did just that
I write this one a while ago..
I hold it dear to my heart and I meant every word
This poem is called


NO VACANCIES


Do you have any vacancies?
Do you have any space for a jobless person like me?
Maybe I smiled for too long or I was too quick to pull out a CV
But I feel you are not telling the Gospel truth when you say 'no more vacancies'
Especially when I see four empty tills right next to you
'Apply online' she said.
'Call this number' she said.
It all draws out the process of me getting into the position that you’re in.
I know you do not want my CV
I know this because you have had this job for 5 months now
So that gives me five months extra to write better material than the little white lies you splashed on your page..
You lie.
I know you lie.
I know this because I am pretty sure you mentioned something along the lines of
“I am a considerate and helpful person”
Whether it was on your CV or at the interview
I proved your one page Fib nib wrong when I asked for vacancies and you said “no”
If you were THAT considerate, you could have at least taken my CV and tell your manager that there is a person that can fill ONE of those FOUR empty tills
Or hey, you can give me your job, 
'generous person'
Because you weren't being too 'sociable' with your 'yes and no' answers and dismissive attitude. 
Picking clothes up from a rack and slamming it down on a till as if you’re not getting paid just to stand there.
You seem upset?
Where is that jolly person you wrote about in your CV, you happy person?
I swiped my oyster twice, taking away £1.75 just to come here
And you with your inconsiderate attitude
Not considering that I have spent money (with no job) to get here
Have now declined my offer. 
This I find highly insulting.
So what I am going to do is walk out the shop,
walk back in 
and ask you politely...
“Do you have any vacancies?”




No comments:

Post a Comment