Tuesday 19 June 2012

ADIDAS X ANDRE ZOOM - BILLBOARDS GALORE!!!



I don’t know If I am ever going to be on a billboard again, so forgive me if this gets over-emotional. I’ve only been calling myself ZoOm for two and a half years now… and already it’s come to this! God is good eh? There was many a time when I was first starting out, I was trying to follow the crowd, and getting no attention at the end of it all. Nothing really started to spark until I got tired and started creating what I wanted to create. Now I have a name alongside one of the biggest brands in the world. Top-class stuff. These billboards are long gone now, but my cousin and me went around North West London to take pictures of every poster we could find. It’s only when I did this trip when I relised how special this moment is. What is even more crzy is the posters that are over in North Wembley. 


Here is the building which used to be called ‘grandmas house’. This is where I wrote my first comic book. This is where I had my fondest memories. This is also the place where I wrote ‘MAD AS HELL’, the last project I made before I walked out of grandmas house, never being able to go back in again. Down the road from that house is where my grandfather, a patriot and defender of the Christian faith was tragically killed in a car accident. Just next to the spot where he died, is a bus shelter. A bus shelter that had my name on it.



My grandmother passed away, my grandfather passed away, but I live on. It’s a weird triangle. And I know to some of you this may seem like an overly-dramatic sob story, but I don’t know, I felt that particular poster in North Wembley was very significant, I just felt to share with you.

But yes, happy days overall. If this can be achieved in two and a half years then my life is truly a hypeness. Got to work harder, be better, reach higher. Onwards and upwards yeah?





In a bit..
ZoOm

2 comments:

  1. Hey Andre..

    Just dropping in to say well done and Keep going!! From one creative to another. #iaminspired!

    Yetty D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant A, reading this is quite moving but yes, its proper. Welldone for keeping it real x

    ReplyDelete