Tuesday 19 October 2010

The Hypeness Project: ULTRA - DAY 1



What can I say dear readers, the first day of the Hypeness project was a crazy one. I started writing it at 00:07 am in the morning. My whole intention was to make the first chapter as entertaining as possible. Before writing time started, I was already charged off Muhammed Ali speeches and Def Jam poetry clips off YouTube. I wanted to merge story telling with some sense of poetry in the first chapter which I thought I was doing at the time.


It was only when I woke up when I realised that most of what I wrote earlier that morning was 75% gibberish and couldnt be used seeing that I was too tired. Thats when it dawned on me that can NEVER write a first draft and then release it straight after. This would mean I would have to write my first draft in possibly 6 days, and use the extra 6 to correct things.
{this looks like an image a failed nerd would take}
Today was one of those special days because not only did my 16+ oyster come in the post, but the book I waited MONTHS for arrived in the post. It is a poetry book written by my dear friend Kamille Vassell. I read the first few poems and was automatically hooked. Check the book out here. She's an awesome writer.


On the way to south, I was listening to David Axlerod. Admittedly I did not like his album until today. It was one of those jazz albums you needed to be in the mood to listen to. 



I finished writing the first chapter on the train on my way to Brixton. It was moments later where i went to live magazine to talk to a good friend about the book. But it was also the place where I created a tumblr for the hypeness project, so I can continue to post content as the days go by.


www.thehypenessproject.tumblr.com - I'm such a tease aint I?


But yeah, the philosophy is to work hard play hard....even though I wasn't writing all day, I managed to get two chapters completed. Now I am on to my third chapter. It's looking good dear readers




Stay ULTRA
ZoOm

No comments:

Post a Comment