Saturday 12 September 2009

The Future Of Fashion Review!!!





'The Future of Fashion' put the pedal to the metal at Sosho last night, featuring the works of over 25 designers. Many fashion fanatics gathered together upstairs, while the designers got ready to wow the crowd downstairs. I came down with TeamJESUS (a rapidly growing Christian company) to sell T-shirts downstairs during the after party.
Coming back from the event, I could say that I was truly impressed by the talent that was showcased on the night. I was caught by the stunning dresses created by Yetty D. I was especially feeling the colorful works designed by Playdot Clothing. Without thought a major shout would have to be given out to Jesus Loves Me, who represented Christ well on the runway.
Mind you though, it was not only fashion that was being exibited. I remember there is a moment when you could hear the noise of everyone chattering at the same time, then suddenly everyones conversations were muted when they heard the soft cords of the piano followed by the amazing vocals given by Daley. G.R.E.E.D.S also got the crowd thinking with his first poem, touching on the consequences of knife crime.
At the end of the show came the after party, where I went downstairs to sell T-shirts with TeamJESUS, sharing space with clothing lines like Odd Kingdom, who I marked as the ones with the most unique style and creative thought.
Despite the the long intervals between each showcase, I must say that 'The Future of Fashion' stepped up to the plate and showcased some of London's best.
We need more of this...
ZoOm

No comments:

Post a Comment