Monday 28 September 2009

I HATE MONDAYS: SCHOOL KIDS PART 2




I remember walking to Stonebridge park station everyday when I was still in high school. Early in the morning, on my way there, I would always see this boy (very small, no taller than my bathtub) walking past me in a strop. I would see him from afar- his tiny legs developing a 'bop'. Music was blazing through his mobile phone (I guess his mother couldn't afford ear-plugs). He would walk past me with the dirtiest look on his face (in which I call the 'Screwface'). His eyes would be fixed on me - I would be on my way to an exam, while he would be on his way to primary school.



This miss-hap would also happen in the afternoon when I am walking back from school with a friend. You could hear the child's music from a mile off. The child would walk past us both, forcefully staring in our eyes. This happened a good couple of times until my exams where over and I needed not to go High school anymore.


And I know what your thinking:
This writer is a punk!
But I must reinforce the fact that I could of easily dropped kick the child and told him to calm himself down, or I could have picked him up and post him on a letterbox, so the results would be fatal if he attempted to jump off...but I resisted. I resisted because it's not necessarily the child that has got it wrong, but his whole generation...and trying to correct a whole generation while still maintaining your own blog is hard work, so I'll give it a pass. But staying on the topic of 'new generations', I have noticed that the children get worse as the years go by, or maybe I just become more vigilant as I grow up.


On my 17th Birthday, my big cousin said to me 'this is the last year of your youth...enjoy it'. And then it hit me, the nail on the head, I am still a child. So many years of my childhood where thrown away because I thought I was a big man, still asking my mum for lunch money. I know the younger ones want to be more independent, but when a five year old walks up to me saying 'wah gwarn', it gets me slightly annoyed.


'Doth not the young ones know that I shall smite them upon the road side if thou wouldest act unruly?'
-The complete works of Dr. Zoomah Ranks [1842]


What happened to 'respect your elders'? Or even worse...where are our elders?
I might have to conclude with a Part 3 on this
Stay tuned
ZoOm




No comments:

Post a Comment