Thursday 10 September 2009

True Ballers

Rated PG: Some of this content may offend.

Gangsterish may not be in the English dictionary but I find it to be the perfect word to use for what I saw this afternoon. I was strolling around in an unknown area (they said I was in North London, but I am sure I saw a cow on the bus ride there). I just came out of Gregg's (two steaming sausage rolls and a coke were purchased) and I was looking around for a bench to sit on. The place where i was at, was a predominantly white community, so I was shocked when I heard the sound of snare drums in the air (no offence). My ear automatically picked up to the song, the lyrics stated:
'Make that money...Make that money!'

Hip Hop was pumping loud in a place I least expected, so I look to see where the sound was coming from. I look to the left, I see no stereo, I look to the right, nothing. I look downwards and I see a man in a wheel chair with a phone on loudspeaker, pumping the song 'Make the money...Make that money!'. The automatic wheel chair cruised through the streets, causing pedestrians to move out of his way. He was white with the most serious screw-face you have EVER seen. This dude was mean!

After he strolled past me, I eventually found I place to sit with my good friend Scripted. Peacefully, I tried to enjoy my two sausage rolls and coke. Ten minuets later, the man in the wheel chair strolled past me again, but this time with slows jams playing through his stereo. He was circulating the area, so I assumed he was looking to rob some people, so I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed for the bus back home.

On the way back, from the top deck I saw a group of teenagers (possibly three or four of them) walking down the road with a familiar face leading the gang in the middle -
Was it not my guy in the wheel chair?!

Maybe my perception of people in wheel chairs was distorted, but I would have NEVR of thought in a million years that a man in a wheel chair could be so gangster. No wheel chair or disability was stopping him, and that is why I have to use the word 'gangsterish' because he is just that fly.

'Gangster Wheel-chair guy' if you are reading, I just want to say you are big on the roads
and I hope everything works out for you
Nuff respect
ZoOm

3 comments:

  1. Interesting Story - But I think it is a deep social issue. I mean the way we perceive people with disabilities. Or even the way we see people and their stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sup Zo0m, man dont have much to say except, "WheelChair Gansta" is movin' hard
    nuff respect

    ReplyDelete
  3. No word of a lie...for a mini second I was scared that he was going to try somthing because he was circulating the area lol
    Thanks for the love though

    ReplyDelete